Description: Our Sunset Cruise is a family friendly trip for kids as young as 4 years old. We meet at 5PM, and raft through a river canyon that seldom gets rafted. Gentle class I and II rapids make this trip an awesome introduction to rafting in a beautiful setting.
What is this trip like? CHECK AVAILABILITY
Itinerary: We begin our trip near the Confluence of the Middle and North Forks of the American river, just below the town of Auburn. Our 5 PM meeting is timed for when the flow from our class IV Middle Fork trip trickles down to the lower, calmer section of the Middle Fork.Great for families with younger kids, ages 4 and up, this is a great 2 hour float trip and way to introduce them to rafting.
This river rafting trip has bouncy, fun, and exciting class 1 and 2 rapids for the younger ones. There is time to relax, hop out of the raft for a quick swim in the river, pick blackberries, and soak up the awesome scenery of the Lower Middle Fork of the American river. A perfect amount of time for everyone to have a great time on the river.
At the end of the day, cold drinks will be waiting for you at our South Fork Basecamp where your adventure ends. Your guide(s) will be there to thank you for coming and help you get your little ones back into some dry clothes for the trip home.
- Skilled, professional guide service
- High-quality inflatable rafts, paddles, helmets, personal floatation devices
- Transportation from the meeting place to the river and back
- Drinks and snacks at river’s end
What To Bring:
- River clothing is very casual and you should expect to get wet!
- Bathing suit/trunks, lightweight, quick drying top (rash guard works well)
- lightweight windbreaker for cool mornings, sweatshirt for cool evenings
- River sandals or old tennis shoes work great (No flip flops or bare feet allowed)
- Hat (optional under helmet)
- Sunglasses (suggest retaining device so they don’t end up in the river)
- Waterproof sunscreen and lip protection
- Bottle of water (drinks provided at lunch and end of the trip)
- Inexpensive waterproof camera (professional pictures are taken at one of the rapids)
- Dry clothes for trip home (to be left in your car).