Toll Free Phone:
Whitewater Excitement, Inc.
PO Box 5992
Auburn, CA 95604
Whitewater Excitement – South Fork Basecamp
6580 Highway 49 – Lotus, CA 95651
***Please do not rely on your GPS or phone for directions as only Verizon works in our area.***
- Take Highway 50 east toward Placerville and South Lake Tahoe.
- Exit Ponderosa Rd (Exit #37) in Shingle Springs. This is 1 mile past the town of Cameron Park.
- Turn left on Ponderosa Rd and cross over Highway 50.
- At the second stop light (immediately over the overpass), turn right on North Shingle Rd towards Coloma.
- Drive 4.5 miles and you’ll come to a curve in the road, keep left, this is Lotus Rd.
- Drive 7 miles on Lotus Rd. Lotus Rd will dead-end into Highway 49.
- Turn left on Highway 49 and drive 1.7 miles.
- Start slowing down at the 1.5-mile mark.
- Look for the Whitewater Excitement sign on the left.
- Turn left into the driveway, stay to the right and follow the signs to the WWE parking area.
From South Lake Tahoe
- Take Highway 50 west to Placerville.
- Turn right on Highway 49 (Spring Street, sign to Coloma).
- Follow Highway 49 to Coloma.
- Pass Marshall Gold State Park and you’ll cross a bridge over the river.
- Drive 1.5 miles past the bridge to the Whitewater Excitement sign on the left.
- Turn into the driveway, stay to the right and follow the signs to the WWE parking area
- Exit Highway 49 Southbound towards Placerville/Cool.
- Follow Highway 49 down the canyon.
- At the bottom of the canyon turn right across the bridge and up to the town of Cool.
- Four miles past Cool is Pilot Hill.
- Drive 5.5 miles past the town of Pilot Hill and look for Whitewater Excitement sign on the right.
- Turn into the driveway, stay to the right and follow the signs to the WWE parking area.
WWE Sign on the Side of Hwy 49
RUNNING LATE/ LOST CALL 530-642-2546
RUNNING LATE/ LOST CALL 800-750-2386
April – September
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
October – March
Tuesday – Thursday
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM