Description: The most demanding, tight, technical river rafting trips we offer. A North Fork American 1 Day river rafting trip is unlike any other. Only available in the spring, this seldom rafted river has California river rafting all over it. For those of you seeking a premier Class IV adventure, the day trip includes the 12.5 miles section of the North Fork with a lunch stop half way down. Timing, depending on water level can be anywhere from 3-5 hours.
What is this trip like? CHECK AVAILABILITY
Itinerary: We meet you and your group in Auburn, CA the morning of your trip, check you in, and take a short van ride up to the launching area, near Colfax, CA. You will then be issued a wet suit and rafting windbreaker to change into to make your river rafting trip on the North Fork American river as comfortable as possible.
After our river safety talk and orientation, we split up into groups, assign the guides and begin our rafting adventure on the North Fork American river. After a very short warm up, we enter the main gorge and “Entrance Exam” followed immediately by “Slaughter’s Sluice” a series of non-stop drops, holes, and waves, climaxing in one of the biggest drops on the river, “Chamberlin Falls”, an 8 foot waterfall. Rapids come in quick fire procession for the next 4 miles, ending in “Staircase Falls”, a series of 3 drops in only 30 yards.
The river then enters a more relaxing stretch where we have time to catch our breath and enjoy the splendor of the North Fork American river canyon.
We stop for lunch in this section and your guides will prepare our riverside buffet lunch, which believe it or not, was in the rafts from the beginning. After lunch we hit some super fun class 3 rapids on the way to the end of our adventure.
At the end of the day, our vans will be waiting for you with cold drinks and snacks for the 30 min. ride back to the meeting area, where again your guides will be there to thank you for coming and give you photo coupons good for money off your rapid photo purchase (if you wish).
- Skilled, professional guide service
- High-quality inflatable rafts, paddles, helmets, personal floatation devices (life jackets)
- Wet Suits and Splash Jackets
- Transportation from the meeting place to the river and back
- Riverside buffet lunch
- Drinks and snacks at river’s end
What To Bring:
- River clothing is very casual and you should expect to get wet!
- Bathing suit/trunks, lightweight, quick drying top (rash guard works well)
- Lightweight windbreaker for cool mornings, sweatshirt for cool evenings
- River sandals or old tennis shoes work great (No flip flops or bare feet allowed)
- Hat (optional under helmet)
- Sunglasses (suggest retaining device so they don’t end up in the river)
- Waterproof sunscreen and lip protection
- Bottle of water (drinks provided at lunch and end of the trip)
- Inexpensive waterproof camera (professional pictures are taken at one of the rapids)
- Dry clothes for trip home (to be left in your car).
North Fork One Day Trip Information
Whitewater Excitement Assumption of Risk/Wavier of Liability Form
North Fork Detail and Directions