Description: This is our most popular ½ day American River rafting trip.For those short on time, our Afternoon Half Day runs the “Gorge Section” of the South Fork. Our South Fork American river – PM 1/2 Day Express Trip is a great trip to experience the rapids of this great river for those not wanting the Gorge Run 1 day trip or full day Whole River Run or for those just short on time and want a great afternoon adventure.
What is this trip like? CHECK AVAILABILITY
South Fork American river PM 1/2 Day Trip Itinerary: This trip meets at 12:00 noon at our Whitewater Excitement basecamp and meeting area in Coloma, CA. We then check you in, escort you down to the launching area where your guides will meet you and help you with your river rafting equipment.
After our river safety talk and orientation, we split up into groups, assign the guides and begin our rafting adventure on the South Fork American river. The PM Half Day Express, begins with some bouncy whitewater and even an out of boat experience through “Swimmer’s Rapid” a fun, small wave train that leads to a huge pond to recover in. A fun way to cool off in the hot summer.
The river then builds slowly and we then enter the “Gorge”, where the rapids come almost in non stop fashion for 6 miles. There are breaks in between the big ones for us to relax and catch our breath before plunging into the next one.
At the end of the day, our busses will be waiting for you with cold drinks and snacks for the 30 min bus ride back to the meeting area, where again your guide’s will be there to thank you for coming and give you photo coupons good for money off your rapid photo purchase (if you wish).
- Skilled, professional guide service.
- High-quality inflatable rafts, paddles, helmets, personal floatation devices.
- Wetsuits and splash jackets for springtime trips prior to Memorial Day weekend -(if needed).
- Transportation from the meeting place to the river and back.
- Drinks and snacks at river’s end.
What To Bring:
- River clothing is very casual and you should expect to get wet!
- Bathing suit/trunks, lightweight, quick drying top (rash guard works well).
- Lightweight windbreaker for cool mornings, sweatshirt for cool evenings.
- River sandals or old tennis shoes work great (No flip flops or bare feet allowed).
- Hat (optional under helmet).
- Sunglasses (suggest retaining device so they don’t end up in the river).
- Waterproof sunscreen and lip protection.
- Bottle of water (drinks provided at lunch and end of the trip).
- Inexpensive waterproof camera (professional pictures are taken at one of the rapids).
- Dry clothes for trip home (to be left in your car).