Fun for the Entire Family!
We are pleased to offer these specially-priced American River rafting trips for the entire family. This is your opportunity to share the outdoors with your children so they might learn to value these wilderness areas and work to preserve them for future generations. Oh, and your kids will be thanking you for the most amazing adventure vacation yet!
We offer many different options for families with kids 4-16 years of age. From our Family 50% Discount trips to our Young Rafters Trips (ages 4 and up) and Young Rafters Overnight Adventure, finally to our Sunset Cruise Class 2 trip on the “Lower Section” of the North Fork of the American river, just below the town of Auburn, CA. Pick one below and experience a wonderful adventure with your entire family. Check Availability for your next Family Rafting Adventure.
Call at 1-800-750-2386 to learn more about this outstanding family vacation opportunity with Whitewater Excitement. Request a reservation today! – Our Family American river rafting trips are affordable vacations you won’t want to miss!
Family 50% Off Trips
Weekday South Fork American River -Raft either our Half Day Run, Gorge Run, or 2 Day Trip. Receive 50% off each child under 16 with a full paying adult.
- Section: Chili Bar – Folsom • Length: 21 miles • Duration: 1/2,1,2 Days • Meals: varies
- For each Full Paying Adult, a Child 16 and under will get a 50% discount on the below South Fork American Weekday river rafting adventures. Use the links below to make your reservation. No other discounts can be applied, sorry.
- Half Day Express Trips
- 1 Day Gorge Run with lunch
- Two-Day American River rafting adventures. 2 Days of Rafting, 2 nights of Camping, and 5 meals.
- These trips are offered Monday – Friday during the months of June, July and August.
- A great way for the whole family to experience the joys of California river rafting and camping.
- An experience that you and your family will never forget. Even your teenagers won’t be able to resist it!
- It is difficult these days to find activities that the entire family can enjoy together. California whitewater rafting is the adventure you’ve been looking for! It’s affordable, close, and we guarantee that you’ll have fun!
Young Rafters Instructional 1/2 Day Adventure
Great Adventure for the Younger Rafters – Spend two hours learning about river rafting, how to paddle a raft, and even a chance get to give steering the raft and giving paddle commands a try on the “Middle” section of the South Fork American River. We introduce the young ones on the necessary equipment needed, how to safely paddle a raft, the commands needed, and the history of the area. Bouncy, fun, class 1 and 2 rapids. Time to swim and learn how to get back into a raft yourself or with the help of your fellow paddlers, all in a fun instructional atmosphere.
Section: Coloma State Park – WWE Camp • Length: 5 miles • Duration: 2.0 Hours
Prices: Weekdays $90 Adults $75 Youth | Sundays $100 Adults $85 Youth
At the end of the day, cold drinks will be waiting for you at our South Fork Basecamp where your adventure ends. Your instructor(s) will be there to thank you for coming and help you with anything else you might need.
Young Rafters Instructional with Camping
Add Camping for $15 a night to your Young Rafters Instructional Adventure – Come in the night before your trip and spend a night of camping. A great way to introduce your youngster to camping!
Section: Coloma State Park – WWE Camp • Length: 5 miles • Duration: Overnight & 2+ hours on river • Meals: none
Prices: Weekdays $90 + $15 Adults / $75 + $15 Youth | Sundays $100 + $15 Adults / $85 + $15 Youth Call for Reservations 1-800-750-2386
Dear Phillip –
We spent a week in N. Calif – sightseeing in Yosemite, S. Lake Tahoe, etc. and I have to say the trip we took with your company was a highlight of our week! What made it so fantastic was your wonderful guides – they were experienced, friendly, and funny – (we spent some of the trip exchanging jokes!) The trip was exciting for our boys, but at no time did we feel unsafe (a plus for me since I was a first-timer and a bit of a chicken). They explained every rapid and threw in some interesting stories. Our trip included a beautiful riverside lunch – complete with fresh, sliced (delicious!) fruit, and dessert. There were NO complaints from us – the best part of our trip was the experienced guides. Thank you again for the memories of a great family vacation!
Joan & family – New Jersey