Description: Great Adventure for the Younger Rafters – Spend a half day rafting the “Middle” section of the South Fork American River with your youngsters. Bouncy, fun, class 1 and 2 rapids will splash and crash into the raft. There is time to swim and enjoy the river on this 2.5 hour river rafting adventure. Our Young Rafters Adventures are for families with kids that are too young for our regular white water rafting trips. Easy and fun rapids that will give your younger rafters a taste of whitewater rafting on the American river.
What is this trip like? CHECK AVAILABILITY
Itinerary: We begin our trip at Coloma State Historic Park, where gold was first discovered, and finish 5 miles downstream at our South Fork Basecamp. For families with younger kids, ages 4 and up, this is a great way to introduce them to rafting.
This river rafting trip has bouncy, fun, and exciting class 1 and 2 rapids for the younger ones. There is time to relax, hop out of the raft for a quick swim in the river, pick blackberries, and soak up the awesome scenery of the South Fork of the American river. A perfect amount of time for everyone to have a great time on the river.
At the end of the day, cold drinks will be waiting for you at our South Fork Basecamp where your adventure ends. Your guide(s) will be there to thank you for coming and help you get your little ones back into some dry clothes for the trip home.
- Skilled, professional guide service
- High-quality inflatable rafts, paddles, helmets, personal floatation devices
- Transportation from the meeting place to the river and back
- Drinks and snacks at river’s end
What To Bring:
- River clothing is very casual and you should expect to get wet!
- Bathing suit/trunks, lightweight, quick drying top (rash guard works well)
- Lightweight windbreaker for cool mornings, sweatshirt for cool evenings
- River sandals or old tennis shoes work great (No flip flops or bare feet allowed)
- Hat (optional under helmet)
- Sunglasses (suggest retaining device so they don’t end up in the river)
- Waterproof sunscreen and lip protection
- Bottle of water (drinks provided at lunch and end of the trip)
- Inexpensive waterproof camera (professional pictures are taken at one of the rapids)
- Dry clothes for trip home (to be left in your car).
South Fork Young Rafters Run Trip Information
Sign the Online Assumption of Risk Form
South Fork Details and Directions